Tuna-Noodle CasseroleFrom: Makers of LACTAID® Brand Products
Not your ordinary tuna-noodle casserole. Mushrooms, green beans, and sweet peppers add color and flavor to this family-pleasing dish.
- Serves: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 4 ounces dried medium noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole or cut green beans
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium red or green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna (water-pack), drained and broken into chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook noodles according to package directions, adding the green beans the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, toss the bread crumbs with the 1 tablespoon melted butter; set aside.
In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and black pepper. Add LACTAID® Reduced Fat Milk all at once; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in tuna, cooked noodles, and green beans.
Spoon tuna mixture into a 1 1/2-quart au gratin dish or oval baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture atop casserole. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and bread crumbs are golden.
© Copyright 2007, Meredith Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber